HOW TO REGISTER
Registration will begin on June 15, 2022. The registration tab can be found at the bottom of this page.
*If you are new to hockey, you must first take the Parent “Respect In Sport” online course before you can register, i.e. get access to use the Hockey Canada Registry. The fee for this course is $12.60.
This is the link: https://hockeyalbertaparent.respectgroupinc.com
The $12.60 is not reimbursed by our Association..
Please select the Northwest Warriors as your association. This will ensure you are able to register with us. Players are only able to participate in one league for the hockey season. Players may change leagues between seasons only.
*Please note that all House League families are required to purchase a community membership from the community you fall under. However, you are not required to complete any of the volunteer commitments from them, as this program is excluded.
Northwest House League Registration Cost for the 2022-2023 season is $750 for all age groups (U9-U11-U13)
HOW TO REGISTER
- Login to the brand new NWHL Online Store- Northwest House League Online Registration
- Select the appropriate store: Northwest Warriors (for community registration) or NWHL for House League.
- Click 'Register Now!'
- Choose option to register an existing participant (new registrants please review steps to create your participant in the NEW PARTICIPANT section here: Info for New participants)
- Option to register with HCR number OR to search by name and birth date
- Select applicable registration option
- Fill out questionnaire: this is important information that we need, please read questions carefully!
- Acknowledge waivers. These are mandatory for registration so please read through!
At this point you will have the option to register another participant before checkout. This includes siblings AND Coach registration.
When you have completed family registration you can check out. At this point you will be able to choose your payment option and payment schedule. After approving the terms and conditions you will be registered! You will have the option to print your receipt- an electronic copy will be sent to your email.
List of Communities
- Brentwood & Edgemont Families – require a Brentwood Membership
- Brentwood: Community membership http://brentwoodcommunity.com/programs/hockey/
- Scenic Acres Families – require a Scenic Acres Membership
- Scenic Acres: Community Membership http://scenicacresca.ca/about-saca/membership/
- Silver Springs Families – require a Silver Springs Membership
- Silver Springs: Community Membership https://silverspringscommunity.ca/membership/
- Banff Trail, Charleswood, Collingwood, Triwood, University of Calgary Residence and University Heights families – require a Triwood Membership
- Triwood: Community membership https://triwood.powerupsports.com
- Varsity Families (Including the University District) – require a Varsity Membership Heights
- Varsity: Community Membership https://www.amilia.com/store/en/vcacalgary/shop
- Briar Hill, Capitol Hill, Hillhurst, Hounsfield Heights, Parkdale, St. Andrews Heights, Sunnyside and West Hillhurst Families – require a West Hillhurst Membership
- Community Membership - https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/whca/Membership
- Brentwood & Edgemont Families – require a Brentwood Membership
Should you have any questions regarding this program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
100% before evaluations
75% before player placement
50% after placement until prior to the season beginning (Oct 24)
No refunds after October 24 unless in the case of a medical situation
Players and goalies evaluated and released due to insufficient space in our program will not be assessed any fees.
$30 non-refundable administration fee will be assessed on all registrations, regardless of cancellation date
The 2022-2023 season will be Northwest House League’s 8th year. Our past seven years have been a success and it was determined that there is a considerable amount of interest for this stream of hockey. It is a viable option for many families, but note that if your child is new to hockey, both house league or community (NWW) hockey are suitable choices. Players are to choose one program only.
The House League Program will be offered in addition to the traditional community/NWW Hockey for U9 (Novice - born 2014 & 2015), U11 (Atom - born 2012 & 2013) and U13 (PeeWee - born 2010 & 2011) born players.
Some of the highlights for House League include:
- Two ice times per week. This will typically include one practice and one game per week once the game/regular season commences. The Schedule is tentatively set as below:
- U9 (Novice) ice times will be Sunday morning games and practices during the week on Friday evenings - subject to registration numbers).
- U11 (Atom) ice times will be Saturday morning games and the practices will be Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
- U13 (PeeWee) ice times will be Saturday afternoon games and the practices will be Thursday evenings.
- Evaluations will consist of 3 ice times in September. Once complete, our House League Coordinators will make their best efforts to create balanced teams.
- Teams will practice in early October. The regular schedule will commence in mid-October and end in early March with a break at the end of November. Our target is to have 35 to 40 ice times scheduled per player.
- Ice times will be scheduled at the Crowchild Twin Arena in Scenic Acres and West Hillhurst Arena.
- No fundraising is allowed. The purchasing of ice for additional practices, exhibition games, and tournaments is not permitted.
- Due to the challenges of forming balanced teams and coach placement, friend requests will be considered but are not guaranteed.
Some of the differences between the House Leagues and Community (NWW) Hockey include:
- House League offers a set schedule for the hockey season.
- With Community Hockey, players are evaluated to teams with players of similar abilities. Community teams are scheduled for two to three ice times per week, which vary from week to week. House League teams are balanced with all skill levels on each team, and schedules are set.
- House teams will NOT be sanctioned to play in any tournaments (in Calgary or outside of Calgary) or exhibition games.
- There will be NO cash calls/fund raising requirement, which is a part of the Community Hockey experience.
- Hockey fees for the House League are less than the Community Hockey fees mainly due to the different ice requirements between the two streams. The 2020-2021 House League registration fee will be $750 + $20 community user fee.
- The NW House League will consist of 6 U9 teams, 8 U11 teams and 6 U13 teams. Maximum team size is 18. We will wait-list players after these limits have been reached.
- Ice times will be 60 minutes in length, and 75 mins for U13 games .
- Goalie rotation will be encouraged in U9 and teams are provided with equipment to use. U11 and U13 teams will have two designated goalie on a team (where available) with their own equipment where registration permits.
- Players are to wear their team jersey for their practice ice times. Full equipment is needed including mouth guards.
- Jerseys, socks, team and individual photo memory mate are included in the registration fees.
- Games will follow all Hockey Calgary Rules and games will adhere to the Fair Play Code.
- One parent in each household must take the “Parent Respect In Sport” (RIS) online Course.* See below for more info. The RIS course now has a Four year expiry. Those parents that took this course previous to 2016 will have to recertify prior to registration.
- Coaching requirements for all House League teams can be found on our website. Information can be found on our website under the Coach tab. [Requirements may include: Respect In Sport – Coach Program (online), Safety program (online), Coach Stream, or equivalent (online and classroom/on-ice). Coach certifications fees are reimbursed by the Northwest Warriors Hockey.
- Coaching selection will be managed by House League Coordinators. If you are interested in coaching on your child’s team, please indicate by using the following link and complete the House League Coaching Application for the specific age group you are interested in:
NOTE: To register as a coach for House League: add the parent interested by selecting "Register Another Participant" after completing your child's registration on Northwest House League Registration website. Add yourself as a participant and select the coach registration.
- The NW House League is supported by The Calgary Flames, Northwest Warriors Hockey and Hockey Calgary.
- Volunteering is required from all parents. All HL teams require Coaches, a Team Manager, Score Keepers, and Time Keepers, as well as other various team positions.
- Coach development for both House and Community Hockey teams are the same.
- Space is limited for the House League while there are currently no space restrictions for Community (NWW) Hockey.