NWW COVID-19 Relevant Information
Brentwood Sportsplex REP Protocol Update: November 23, 2021
- We encourage social distancing between households when possible.
- For the safety of everyone parents supervise their children at all times and have them sit in the bleachers with them while watching the game or practise.
- Teams must stay in the dressing room until the ice resurfacing is completed and they can walk straight onto the ice.
City and Provincial Guidance
Details on the City of Calgary Vaccine Passport Bylaw: Vaccine Passport Bylaw
General guidance from the Government of Alberta (updated Sept. 25, 2021): Government of Alberta Requirements for the Restrictions Exemption Program
Please not that many of these are superceded by the City of Calgary Bylaw however may be applicable at Springbank and other facilities outside of city limits.
Proof of Negative Test Requirements
The updated Guidance Document has a great section regarding this. Specifically:
- A self-test completed offsite is not sufficient evidence to support entry into a facility operating under the REP program.
- The test result should be a written or printed copy that indicates the individual has tested negative for COVID-19 on a Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR, or lab based PCR test approved by Health Canada or the lab accreditation body of jurisdiction.
- Self-produced documentation of a negative result is not sufficient evidence to support entry into a facility operating under the REP program.
- Documentation of a test completed offsite must include:
- A clear indication of the laboratory or the health care professional that completed the test (e.g., DynaLIFE), the type of test, time of sample collection, and clear indication of a negative result.
- If the result of a rapid test is being verified by a health care professional, a written record must also include the name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number, and signature of the physician or nurse practitioner.
- A picture or any other written documentation of a rapid test result taken off site is not sufficient evidence for entry.
- Businesses may implement programs that include rapid testing completed offsite provided the integrity of the results and reporting is congruent with an onsite program and the business maintains quality control and assurance oversight.
- Individuals must not bring completed rapid tests or self-tests to operators, as they can pose a communicable disease risk during transportation.
- Only a regulated health care professional (acting within their scope of practice, in accordance with the College’s Standards of Practice) or an accredited laboratory may provide written diagnostic confirmation of near care or rapid care test results to an individual for the purposes of the REP.
NWW Facility Information
|Protocols by facility
|Masks & Physical Distancing
|Vaccine Proof Required*
|Yes – 12+
|Yes – 12+
|Yes – 12+
|Yes – 12+
2 meters minimum distance between spectators at all times and must always wear masks.
Please do not congregate in common spaces; wait outside between ice times.
Arrive at the arena no more than 30 minutes before your scheduled ice time.
Please respect these rules so that we can keep the kids playing and allow parents to watch them.